Saturday, June 9, 2012

My first blog post!!!

Hello world!

Here I am! My first step into the world of blogging! I'm ecstatic about the journey my words get to take!!! I have to admit- it took me a fair bit of time and a tad bit of research before I decided to set up this blog but now that my fingers have hit the keyboard, I have to be cautious about not boring you with 10 page posts on anything and everything :)

So, why did I decide to blog? 

1) To explore the art of writing and story telling
2) I think its a great way for an individual to share news and thoughts with a community of people willing to listen!

I love engaging in conversation about topics I feel passionately about. I read blogs and I am inspired by people's ability to openly share their point of view on not just serious issues but also on every day life. Some of the discussion generated from the post can be quite profound...often my favourite part to read.

My hope is that my words can help influence world views. I think the more we inform ourselves and engage in dialogue the the better positioned we are to influence our day to day decisions on the food we buy, the organizations we support (and don't) and the policies we want to see changed.

I'm not sure how many bloggers spend a ton of time thinking about their blogger name and title but it took me a  few days and several chocolate martinis to come up with "Passionista's Ponderings"

PASSIONISTA (If you haven't heard it before, here's how the urban dictionary defines it...P.S. I only looked this up 10 seconds ago!)
A fervent popular activist. Someone who gets very animated and active over fashionable causes such as the political prisoner du jour, climate change, Darfur or whatever is fashionable to be outraged about. Heart in the right place, and will tell you all about it whether or not you want to hear it.

I don't find this an accurate description of my version of the term but it's close. Am I fervent and animated? Is my heart in the right place? Heck yeah! But do I  pick fashionable causes...NO!

I'm an EXTREMELY passionate individual but I feel strongly about specific causes like ending human trafficking, women's rights and child poverty. I couldn't be as enthused about climate change, quantum mechanics or gaming but I am sure someone who feels passionately about these topics has valuable insight to share with those interested in these issues...and kudos to the amazing bloggers who do write about some or all of these topics.

So, back to point I made earlier about "not boring you with 10 page posts". I think its time for me to end my first blog here :)

I look forward to sharing and I invite you into my world to share your thoughts and comments.

I''m off to a BBQ at my friend's place...so adios for now!






2 comments:

  1. Good to see you blogging Simone! I look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiancee and I created our own recipe for hot chocolatini. It's a wonderful wintertime treat. We start by making hot cocoa the old fashioned way, on the stovetop with cocoa milk and sugar. Add chocolate vodka and chocolate liqueur. Rim a martini glass with fudge cake icing. Drizzle a decorative swirl of hot fudge sauce inside the glass. Carefully pour the hot cocoa. Float a mini marshmallow impaled by a toothpick. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete